To expedite your check-in process, we need to receive your registration form prior to your procedure date. If not received, the Pre-Registration Department will be contacting you prior to your date of service. You may fax your registration form to 866-989-8653, attention Pre-Registration Department.
A Health History Nurse will call you prior to your surgery to collect information about your health to expedite your admission process.
A nurse will call you the day before your surgery, review special instructions and answer any questions you have. If you have not received a call within 48 hours prior to your surgery day or have additional questions please call us at 407-426-8331 between 7:30 am and 4:00 pm.
It is important for you to follow these guidelines before surgery to prevent delay or cancellations.
Food and Drink
Have nothing to eat or drink after 12:00 midnight . This includes gum, candy, water, breath mints/strips. You may brush your teeth in the morning, but do not swallow water.
Alcohol: Do not drink alcohol for 24 hours prior to or after surgery.
Makeup, Nail Polish, Jewelry (including body jewelry): Please remove all these items before surgery.
Clothing: Wear loose, casual, comfortable clothing to fit over dressings.
Valuables: Please leave valuables at home.
Parking: Park your care in the parking garage and we will give one voucher to validate your parking.
Notify The Center & Your Surgeon If:
- You have an elevated temperature, cough, cold, vomiting or diarrhea between your last visit to the surgeon and the day of your surgery.
- You suspect you may be pregnant.
- You are taking: diet pills, aspirin, ibuprofen, or certain herbal medicines. You may need to stop taking these 1-2 weeks before your surgery. You can discuss this with your surgeon.
What You Need The Day Of The Surgery:
- Information To Bring: Insurance cards, photo ID, Medicare or Medical Assistance information, numbers and addresses.
- Driver: You must plan to have someone drive you home. Do not plan to use taxis or other public transportation.
- Escort: A friend, relative or dedicated caregiver MUST stay with you for 24 hours.
- Legal Guardian: A legal guardian must be in the center AT ALL TIMES for children and dependent adults.
- Care For Children: If you have young children at home for whom you normally care for, plan for someone else to care for them for at least the first 24 hours following your surgery.
- Interpreter: If the patient cannot read, speak English or use sign language, and interpreter is required. If you need assistance arranging for an interpreter, please contact the Scheduling department 407-839-1336 as soon as possible.